Following is information on companies for which stock analysts downgraded their stocks today:
- Cabot Micro (NASDAQ:CCMP): Longbow downgraded its rating on this stock from Buy to Neutral. No price target was given. About this company: Cabot Microelectronics Corporation supplies slurries used in chemical mechanical planarization, a polishing process used in the manufacture of integrated circuit devices. The slurries are liquids containing abrasives and chemicals that enhance the polishing process. The polishing process itself facilitates the manufacture of smaller, faster, and more complex integrated circuit devices.
- PF Chang’s (NASDAQ:PFCB): RBC Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this stock from Outperform to Sector Perform and changed its price target from $52 to $43. About this company: P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. owns and operates full-service restaurants. The Company’s restaurants feature traditional cuisine from the Canton, Hunan, Mongolia, Shanghai, and Szechwan culinary regions of China. P.F. Chang’s operates in the United States.
- China Adv. Construction Materials (NASDAQ:CADC): Global Hunter Securities downgraded its rating on this stock from Buy to Neutral. No price target was given. About this company: China Advanced Construction Materials Group, Inc. produces construction materials for large-scale commercial, residential, and infrastructure developments. The Company is focused on ready-mix concrete materials.
- Trina Solar (NYSE:TSL): Collins Stewart downgraded its rating on this stock from Buy to Neutral. No price target was given. About this company: Trina Solar Limited manufactures solar-power products including photovoltaic wafers, ingots, cells and modules. The Company’s solar modules provide environmentally-friendly electric power for residential, commercial, industrial, and other applications worldwide.
- AvalonBay (NYSE:AVB): KeyBanc Capital Mkts downgraded its rating from Buy to Hold. No price target was given. About this company: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a self-managed, fully-integrated multi-family real estate investment trust. The Company focuses on the ownership and operation of institutional-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. The markets are located in Northern and South California and in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest region.
- Flagstar Bancorp (NYSE:FBC): FBR Capital downgraded its rating on this stock from Outperform to Mkt Perform and changed its price target from $2 to $1. About this company: Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. is the holding company for Flagstar Bank, FSB. The Bank attracts deposits from the general public and originates or acquires residential mortgage loans. Flagstar also originates consumer, commercial real estate, and non-real estate commercial loans and it operates predominantly in Michigan and Indiana, as well as throughout the United States.
- Varian Medical (NYSE:VAR): Robert W. Baird downgraded its rating on this stock from Outperform to Neutral and changed its price target from $81 to $72. About this company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and services equipment and software products for treating cancer with radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery and brachytherapy. The Company also supplies products that include x-ray tubes, linear accelerators, digital image detectors, image processing software and image detection products.
- NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE): Robert W. Baird downgraded its rating on this stock from Outperform to Neutral and changed its price target to $59. About this company: NextEra Energy, Inc. is a clean energy company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy utilizing natural gas, wind and nuclear resources.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from here. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>