Stock Market Upgrades or Downgrades During Earnings Season
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded the shares on October 13th.
- Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:WSM): BB&T Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy. About the company: Williams-Sonoma, Inc. retails cooking and serving equipment, home furnishings, and home accessories through retail stores and mail order catalogs. The Company offers its merchandise under the Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and Chambers concepts.
- Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Sector Perform to Outperform and changed its price target from $9 to $8. About the company: Louisiana-Pacific Corporation manufactures building materials and engineered wood products in the United States, Canada, Chile, and Brazil. The Company’s products are used by homebuilders and light commercial builders. Louisiana Pacific’s products include oriented strand board sheathing, flooring, radiant barrier panels, siding and trim, I-joists, and laminated veneer lumber.
- Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM): Robert W. Baird upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Outperform and changed its price target from $36 to $46. About the company: Broadcom Corporation provides integrated silicon solutions that enable broadband digital data transmission of voice, data, and video content to the home and within the business enterprise. The Company designs, develops, and supplies integrated circuits for cable set-top boxes, cable modems, high-speed networking, direct satellite and digital broadcast, and digital subscriber line.
- Mercer Intl (NASDAQ:MERC): RBC Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Sector Perform and changed its price target from $14 to $9. About the company: Mercer International Inc. owns and operates market pulp and paper businesses in the southern German states of Saxony and Thuringia. The Company produces softwood kraft pulp, specialty papers, and printing and writing papers.
- Goodrich (NYSE:GR): RBC Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Sector Perform and changed its price target from $117 to $127.5. About the company: Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
- Intel (NASDAQ:INTC): Avian downgraded its rating on this company from Positive to Neutral. About the company: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- Rightnow Tech (NASDAQ:RNOW): Needham downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: RightNow Technologies, Inc. provides on demand customer relationship management software and services. The Company’s solution uses a self-learning knowledgebase to deliver customer self-service, e-mail management, live interaction, issue tracking, and customer satisfaction measurement capabilities.
- Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR): Robert W. Baird downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Neutral and changed its price target from $46 to $35. About the company: Altera Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets programmable logic devices and associated development tools. The Company’s products, include a variety of programmable logic devices and hardcopy application-specific integrated circuits.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>