Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Up +26.92%. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- TriQuint Semiconductor (NASDAQ:TQNT): Up +22.43%. TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a variety of high performance analog and mixed signal integrated circuits for the communications markets. The Company utilizes its proprietary gallium arsenide technology to enable its products to overcome the performance barriers of silicon devices in various applications. TriQuint’s products are sold worldwide.
- SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA): Up +17.32%. SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America.
- Fairchild Semiconductor International (NYSE:FCS): Up +10.78%. Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc., is a global supplier of high performance products that minimize, convert, manage and distribute power for multiple end markets. The Company’s focus is on developing power and interface solutions for a broad range of electronic devices. Fairchild Semiconductor components are used in computing, communications, and other applications.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX): Up +8.85%. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals for the treatment of diseases for which there are currently limited or no effective treatments. The Company is developing drugs for the treatment of viral diseases, multidrug resistance in cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC): Down -8.41%. Education Management Corporation provides proprietary post-secondary education in the United States. The Company offers, through its operating units, associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs and non-degree programs in the areas of design, media arts, culinary arts, fashion, and professional development.
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (NYSE:RBS): Down -6.68%. Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, through subsidiaries, accepts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The bank offers business term loans; commercial mortgages; professional practice loans; asset finance and invoice finance loans; residential mortgages; consumer loans; credit cards; financial planning services; and life, personal lines, and income protection insurance.
- Direxion Daily Finan. Bull 3X Shs (NYSE:FAS): Down -6.64%. Direxion Daily Financial Bull 3X Shares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the price performance of the Russell 1000® Financial Services Index (“Financial Index”). The Fund invests in at least 80% of its net assets in the equity securities that comprise the Financial Index
- Legg Mason, Inc. (NYSE:LM): Down -6.62%. Legg Mason, Inc. is a global asset management company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides investment management and related services to institutional and individual clients, company-sponsored mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles.
- Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS): Down -6.31%. Barclays PLC offers commercial and investment banking, insurance, financial, asset management and related services. The Company’s banking subsidiaries operates branches in the United Kingdom and overseas.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>