Stock Scoring 52-Week Highs Ahead of Game 1 of NBA Finals
Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ): Up 0.78% to $67.29. Johnson & Johnson manufactures health care products and provides related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The Company sells products such as skin and hair care products, acetaminophen products, pharmaceuticals, diagnostic equipment, and surgical equipment in countries located around the world.
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE): Up 2.48% to $21.45. Pfizer Inc. is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines.
- Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS): Up 2.27% to $64.52. Novartis AG manufactures pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare products. The Company produces pharmaceuticals for cardiovascular, respiratory and infectious diseases; oncology, neuroscience, transplantation, dermatology, gastrointestinal and urinary conditions, and arthritis; vaccines and diagnostics; vision, and animal health products.
- Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM): Up 1.74% to $71.75. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
- British American Tobacco plc (AMEX:BTI): Up 0.3% to $90.35. British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- AstraZeneca PLC (NYSE:AZN): Up 0.92% to $52.40. AstraZeneca PLC is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, the Group researches, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical and medical products. The Group focuses its operations on seven therapeutic areas: Gastrointestinal, Oncology, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Central Nervous System, Pain Control, Anaesthesia and Infection.
- Altria Group Inc. (NYSE:MO): Up 0.43% to $28.06. Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and pipe tobacco. Altria holds an interest in a brewery company.
- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Up 1% to $85.09. Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB): Up 2.17% to $67.29. Enbridge Inc. provides energy transportation, distribution, and related services in North America and internationally. The Company operates a crude oil and liquids pipeline system, is involved in international energy projects, and is involved in natural gas transmission and midstream businesses. Enbridge also distributes natural gas and electricity, and provides retail energy products.
- China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited (NYSE:CHU): Up 2.08% to $22.08. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services in the People’s Republic of China. The Company’s services include cellular, paging, long distance, data, and Internet services.
- Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE:UNP): Up 1.39% to $104.97. Union Pacific Corporation is a rail transportation company. The Company’s railroad hauls a variety of goods, including agricultural, automotive, and chemical products. Union Pacific offersslong-haul routes from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways as well as connects with Canada’s rail systems and serves the major gateways to Mexico.
- News Corp. (NASDAQ:NWSA): Up 2% to $18.34. News Corporation is a diversified global media company. The Company’s operations include the production and distribution of motion pictures and television programming. The Company provides television, direct satellite, and cable broadcasting and the publication of newspapers, magazines, books and promotional inserts.
- Colgate-Palmolive Co. (NYSE:CL): Up 2.11% to $87.53. Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company that markets its products throughout the world. The Company’s products include toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoos, deodorants, bar and liquid soaps, dishwashing liquid, and laundry products, as well as pet nutrition products for cats and dogs.
- National Grid plc (NYSE:NGG): Up 1.27% to $52.01. National Grid PLC owns, operates and develops electricity and gas networks. The Group’s electricity transmission and gas distribution networks are located throughout the United Kingdom and in the north-eastern section of the United States. They also own liquefied natural gas storage facilities in Britain and provide infrastructure services to the mobile telecom industry.
- Canadian National Railway Company (NYSE:CNI): Up 1.25% to $78.28. Canadian National Railway Company operates a network of track in Canada and the United States. The Company transports forest products, grain and grain products, coal, sulfur, and fertilizers, intermodal, and automotive products. Canadian National operates a fleet of locomotives and railcars.