Sweet 16 Stocks Reach 52-Week Highs As Markets Close on Winning Note
Here are 16 stocks, with a market cap greater than $10 billion, that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading:
- Chevron Corp. (NYSE:CVX): Up 1.33% to $106.78. Chevron Corporation is an integrated energy company with operations in countries located around the world. The Company produces and transports crude oil and natural gas. Chevron also refines, markets, and distributes fuels as well as is involved in chemical operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services.
- Oracle Corp. (NASDAQ:ORCL): Up 1.56% to $32.64. Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ): Up 0.3% to $37.29. Verizon Communications Inc. is an integrated telecommunications company that provides wire line voice and data services, wireless services, Internet services, and published directory information. The Company also provides network services for the federal government including business phone lines, data services, telecommunications equipment and payphones.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Up 0.66% to $109.09. Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
- Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU): Up 1.08% to $134.92. Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY): Up 3.25% to $27.29. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company is a global biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical and nutritional products. The Company’s products and experimental therapies address cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis, organ transplant rejection and psychiatric disorders.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC): Up 1.1% to $82.88. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with international operations. In the United States, the Company operates in Texas and surrounding states, the Rocky Mountain region, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, Anadarko has exploration and/or production operations in Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Accenture plc (NYSE:ACN): Up 4.48% to $54.29. Accenture PLC provides management and technology consulting services and solutions. The Company delivers a range of specialized capabilities and solutions to clients across all industries on a worldwide basis. Accenture’s network of businesses provides consulting, technology, outsourcing, and alliances.
- DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV): Up 1.44% to $47.08. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The Company acquires, promotes, sells and distributes digital entertainment programming via satellite to residential and commercial subscribers.
- CSX Corp. (NYSE:CSX): Up 0.25% to $79.16. CSX Corporation is an international freight transportation company. The Company provides rail, intermodal, domestic container-shipping, barging, and contract logistics services around the world. CSX’s rail transportation services are provided principally throughout the eastern United States.
- WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP): Up 0.83% to $69.34. WellPoint Inc. is a health benefits company. The Company provides health benefits, dental and vision benefits, pharmacy benefits, life insurance, and life and disability insurance benefits. WellPoint operations include Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (NASDAQ:CTSH): Up 0.3% to $80.03. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides custom Information Technology (NYSE:IT) consulting and technology services as well as outsourcing services. The Company’s core competencies include technology strategy consulting, complex systems development, enterprise software package implementation and maintenance, data warehousing and business intelligence. CTSH is a Wall St. Cheat Sheet Premium Investment Newsletter Selection>>
- priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ:PCLN): Up 2.31% to $487.00. Priceline.com Incorporated enables consumers to use the Internet to save money on a variety of products and services. The Company’s product allows customers to name their own price on products or services and communicates that demand directly to participating sellers or to their private databases. Participants include domestic and international airlines, and hotel chains.
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (NYSE:SWK): Up 1.23% to $76.83. Stanley Black & Decker Inc. is a diversified worldwide supplier of tools and solutions for professional, industrial and construction and do-it-yourself use. The Company’s products include mechanical and electronic security products and systems, professional industrial and automotive mechanics tools, hand tools, consumer mechanics tools, storage systems, pneumatic tools and fasteners.
- AutoZone Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Up 1.24% to $275.49. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM): Down 0.33% to $66.08. Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company offers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.