Symantec: New Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Symantec Corporation in Q3 2011:
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,454,300 shares, worth $88,905,090.
- INTERNATIONAL VALUE ADVISERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,969,198 shares, worth $80,997,927.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,799,576 shares, worth $45,633,089.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 985,084 shares, worth $16,056,869.
- GAM HOLDING LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 672,450 shares, worth $10,960,935.
About the company: Symantec Corporation provides security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information. The Company offers software and services that protect, manage and control information risks related to security, data protection, storage, compliance and management.
Competitors to Watch: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Websense Inc. (NASDAQ:WBSN), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), CA, Inc. (NASDAQ:CA), VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), Guidance Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:GUID), and Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC).
(Note: Data regarding Symantec Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>