Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HUNTER GLOBAL INVESTORS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 749,747 shares, worth $44,954,830. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 697,180 shares, worth $41,802,913. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOLDEN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 413,678 shares, worth $24,804,133. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 391,800 shares, worth $23,492,328. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VAUGHAN DAVID INVESTMENTS INC/IL: On 06/30/2011, held 172,255 shares, worth $10,328,410. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: T. Rowe Price Group Inc. is a financial services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides investment advisory services to individual and institutional investors. T. Rowe manages a broad range of U.S. and international stock, blended asset, bond, and money market mutual funds and other investment portfolios.
Competitors to Watch: Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE:FII), BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE:BLK), Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR), U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ:GROW), Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE:JNS), Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE:BEN), Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS), Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS), Calamos Asset Management, Inc (NASDAQ:CLMS), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) and Financial Engines Inc (NASDAQ:FNGN).
(Note: Data regarding T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>