T. Rowe Price: Major Insiders and Funds Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Gitlin Michael C.: act as Vice President. On 08/04/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $53,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SELECT EQUITY GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 925,097 shares, worth $44,191,884.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 817,065 shares, worth $39,031,195.
- CHAMPLAIN INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 254,740 shares, worth $12,168,930.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 174,995 shares, worth $8,359,511.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 162,993 shares, worth $7,786,176.
About the company: T. Rowe Price Group Inc. is a financial services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides investment advisory services to individual and institutional investors. T. Rowe manages a broad range of U.S. and international stock, blended asset, bond, and money market mutual funds and other investment portfolios.
Competitors to Watch: Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE:FII), BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE:BLK), Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR), U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ:GROW), Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE:JNS), Franklin Resources, Inc. (NYSE:BEN), Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS), Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS), Calamos Asset Management, Inc (NASDAQ:CLMS), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) and Financial Engines Inc (NASDAQ:FNGN).
(Note: Data regarding T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>