Technology Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- Cypress Semicond. Corp. (NASDAQ:CY): The shares closed at $10.56, up $0.86, or 8.87%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.64 billion. About the company: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a line of digital and mixed-signal integrated circuits. The Company’s circuits are used in the data communications, telecommunications, computers, and instrumentation systems markets. Cypress’ products are marketed worldwide through a network of sales offices, distributors, and sales representative firm.
- ClickSoftware Tech. Ltd. (NASDAQ:CKSW): The shares closed at $8.33, up $0.54, or 6.93%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $183.68 million. About the company: ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd. provides service optimization and workforce management solutions that enable customer-driven organizations to provide service through accurate workload forecasting, resource planning and scheduling optimization. The Company’s solutions are aimed at saving organizations money and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Datalink Corporation (NASDAQ:DTLK): The shares closed at $7.08, up $0.28, or 4.12%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $124.00 million. About the company: Datalink Corporation is an information architect. The Company analyzes, designs, implements, and supports information storage infrastructure that store, protect, and provide continuous access to information. Datalink’s specialized capabilities and solutions span various networked storage products, incorporating hardware, software, and technical services.
- Formula Systems (1985 (NASDAQ:FORTY): The shares closed at $12.29, up $0.32, or 2.67%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $167.09 million. About the company: Formula Systems (1985) Ltd., together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, provides software consulting services and computer-based business solutions. The Company markets its services to the telecommunications, banking, insurance, public utilities, airport, travel industry, and retail sectors.
- Nova Measuring (NASDAQ:NVMI): The shares closed at $5.48, up $0.11, or 2.05%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $143.98 million. About the company: Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd. develops, produces, and markets monitoring and measurement systems for the semiconductor manufacturing industry. The Company provides integrated monitoring and process control systems for other integrated circuit manufacturing processes.
Losers (% price change)
- Sify Technologies Limited (NASDAQ:SIFY): The shares closed at $3.13, down $0.86, or 21.55%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $166.99 million. About the company: Sify Technologies Limited provides Internet, networking and e-commerce services consumers and businesses in India. The Company’s services include consumer Internet access services, corporate network and technology services, and on-line portal and content offerings.
- Zix Corporation (NASDAQ:ZIXI): The shares closed at $2.20, down $0.47, or 17.6%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $141.01 million. About the company: Zix Corporation provides hosted internet applications in SaaS models that require high security. Two core businesses: Email Encryption for regulatory compliance and protecting sensitive communications and e-Prescribing, which provides real-time access to critical information at the point-of-care to enhance the electronic transmission of prescriptions directly to pharmacies.
- Rediff.com India Ltd (NASDAQ:REDF): The shares closed at $5.44, down $1.13, or 17.2%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $318.04 million. About the company: Rediff.com India Limited offers Internet destinations focused on India and the global Indian community. The Company’s Web site consists of various interest specific channels, community features, local language editions, search capabilities, and online shopping.
- (): The shares closed at $21.64, down $3.74, or 14.74%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $151.15 million.
- Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU): The shares closed at $2.42, down $0.41, or 14.49%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $5.63 billion. About the company: Alcatel-Lucent manufactures telecommunications equipment, and offers telecommunications services. The Company’s telecommunications equipment and services enable its customers to send or receive virtually any type of voice or data transmission. Alcatel-Lucent designs and builds public and private networks, communications systems and software, and data networking systems.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>