Technology Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- Trina Solar Limited (NYSE:TSL): The shares closed at $7.53, up $1.02, or 15.67%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $597.88 million. About the company: Trina Solar Limited manufactures solar-power products including photovoltaic wafers, ingots, cells and modules. The Company’s solar modules provide environmentally-friendly electric power for residential, commercial, industrial, and other applications worldwide.
- Yingli Green Energy Hold (NYSE:YGE): The shares closed at $3.73, up $0.45, or 13.72%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $590.05 million. About the company: Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited designs, manufactures and sells PV modules. The Company also designs, assembles, sells and installs PV systems that are connected to an electricity transmission grid or those that operate on a stand-alone basis.
- OmniVision Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:OVTI): The shares closed at $17.05, up $1.97, or 13.06%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.02 billion. About the company: OmniVision Technologies, Inc. provides integrated single chip semiconductor imaging devices. The Company designs, develops, and markets semiconductor imaging devices for computing, communications, and consumer electronics applications. OmniVision’s image sensor product is used in cameras and camera related products such as personal computer, digital, and security cameras.
- Hurco Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:HURC): The shares closed at $23.28, up $2.66, or 12.9%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $149.94 million. About the company: Hurco Companies, Inc. designs and produces interactive computer controls, software, and computerized machine systems for the worldwide metal cutting and metal forming industry. The Company’s customers include independent job shops and short-run manufacturing operations within large corporations. Hurco’s products are sold in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:RIMM): The shares closed at $23.59, up $2.59, or 12.36%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $12.36 billion. About the company: Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
Losers (% price change)
- WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ:WBMD): The shares closed at $27.04, down $2.07, or 7.11%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.59 billion. About the company: WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans. The Company provides its services through its public and private online portals and health-focused publications.
- Kopin Corporation (NASDAQ:KOPN): The shares closed at $3.56, down $0.2, or 5.32%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $239.40 million. About the company: Kopin Corporation develops and manufactures semiconductor materials and small form factor displays. The Company uses its proprietary technology to design, manufacture, and market products used in commercial wireless communications and high resolution portable applications. Kopin’s principal semiconductor wafer product is a heterojunction bipolar transistor device wafer.
- Global Sources Ltd (NASDAQ:GSOL): The shares closed at $6.26, down $0.32, or 4.86%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $211.02 million. About the company: Global Sources Ltd. creates and facilitates global trade between buyers and suppliers. The Company’s integrated sourcing and marketing solutions enable importers to buy, and exporters to sell, more effectively and profitably. Global Sources aggregates and formats industry-specific supplier and product information, then delivers this content to its buyer community worldwide.
- Pericom Semiconductor (NASDAQ:PSEM): The shares closed at $7.34, down $0.34, or 4.43%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $179.65 million. About the company: Pericom Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, and markets interface integrated circuits for the transfer, routing, and timing of high-speed digital and analog signals. Interface IC’s transfer, route and time electrical signals among a system’s microprocessor, memory and peripherals, and enable high signal quality and full utilization of the available speed and bandwidth.
- MoSys Inc. (NASDAQ:MOSY): The shares closed at $3.60, down $0.16, or 4.13%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $137.05 million. About the company: MoSys, Inc. designs, develops, licenses, and markets memory technologies used by the semiconductor industry and electronic product manufacturers. The Company’s 1T-SRAM embedded-memory technology offers a combination of high density, low power consumption and high speed.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>