Technology Stocks are Leading the Way Today
Technology stocks are broadly higher today as the Nasdaq trades at 2,636. Following is some information on the most actives by dollar volume:
- Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Apple shares are trading higher today despite an analyst downgrade. The shares recently traded at $426.23, up $4.10, or 0.96%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $297.76 to $426.70 and its market capitalization is $395.15 billion. About the company: Apple, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
- SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA): SINA shares are trading lower today on news that the Chinese government is instituting new regulations regarding the use of social media platforms by its citizens. The shares recently traded at $91.57, down $1.51, or 1.62%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $51.27 to $147.12 and its market capitalization is $6.03 billion. About the company: SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America.
- Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU): The shares recently traded at $136.66, down $0.94, or 0.68%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $94.33 to $165.96 and its market capitalization is $47.07 billion. About the company: Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches.
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): Shares of Intel are trading lower today despite expectations that the company will meet the consensus expectations when it releases its earnings tomorrow. The shares recently traded at $23.45, down $0.05, or 0.17%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $18.90 to $23.96 and its market capitalization is $123.15 billion. About the company: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): The shares recently traded at $27.01, down $0.26, or 0.94%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $23.65 to $29.46 and its market capitalization is $226.34 billion. About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>