Technology Stocks Are Up While Other Sectors Feel Selling Pressure Today
In an otherwise ugly trading session, companies in the Technology sector are trading up today. Following is a look at some news items that are moving various shares in this sector.
Gainers (based on % price change):
- OmniVision Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:OVTI): The shares recently traded at $14.33, up $1.62, or 12.75%. Its market capitalization is $854.22 million. Analysts recently reiterated their rating of Strong Buy for this company. About the company: OmniVision Technologies, Inc. provides integrated single chip semiconductor imaging devices. The Company designs, develops, and markets semiconductor imaging devices for computing, communications, and consumer electronics applications. OmniVision’s image sensor product is used in cameras and camera related products such as personal computer, digital, and security cameras.
- Intersections, Inc. (NASDAQ:INTX): The shares recently traded at $14.31, up $1.32, or 10.16%. Its market capitalization is $242.99 million. The company was recently named one of InformationWeek’s 500 most innovative companies. About the company: Intersections, Inc. provides credit management and identity theft protection solutions to the consumer and small business markets on a subscription basis. The Company’s services include daily, monthly or quarterly monitoring of subscribers’ credit files at one or all three major credit reporting agencies. Intersections offerings also include credit score analysis tools and education.
Losers (based on % price change):
- RightNow Technologies (NASDAQ:RNOW): The shares recently traded at $30.89, down $2.01, or 6.11%. Its market capitalization is $1.03 billion. The company was downgraded this morning from Buy to Neutral by Roth Capital analysts Nathan Schneiderman. About the company:RightNow Technologies, Inc. provides on demand customer relationship management software and services. The Company’s solution uses a self-learning knowledgebase to deliver customer self-service, e-mail management, live interaction, issue tracking, and customer satisfaction measurement capabilities.
- Sify Technologies Limited (NASDAQ:SIFY): The shares recently traded at $2.95, down $0.18, or 5.75%. Its market capitalization is $157.39 million. Traders seem to be very bearish on the stock, as yesterday’s put:call ratio was 38:1. About the company: Sify Technologies Limited provides Internet, networking and e-commerce services to consumers and businesses in India. The Company’s services include consumer Internet access services, corporate network and technology services, and on-line portal and content offerings.
Most Actives (based on dollar volume):
- Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): The shares recently traded at $374.40, down $0.20, or 0.05%. Its market capitalization is $347.11 billion. Apple’s shares are likely to bounce around today as the market and consumers react to its introduction of the newest version of its iPhone line. About the company: Apple, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): The shares recently traded at $24.68, up $0.15, or 0.61%. Its market capitalization is $206.78 billion. The New York Times and the Wall St. Journal have reported that Microsoft and News Corp. (NASDAQ:NWS) are among the companies expected to bid for all or part of Yahoo!, Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO). About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Mircosoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>