TECO Energy: Major Shareholders Supporting Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of TECO Energy, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,171,178 shares, worth $19,839,755.
- HARPSWELL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 913,121 shares, worth $15,468,270.
- ANALYTIC INVESTORS INC/CA: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 186,657 shares, worth $3,161,970.
- AMERICAN NATIONAL INSURANCE CO /TX/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 182,800 shares, worth $3,096,632.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 137,152 shares, worth $2,323,355.
About the company: TECO Energy, Inc. is a diversified, energy-related utility holding company. The Company, through various subsidiaries, provides retail electric service to customers in west central Florida, as well as purchases, distributes, and markets natural gas for residential, commercial, industrial, and electric power generation customers. Teco also has coal operations.
Competitors to Watch: The Southern Company (NYSE:SO), SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG), Progress Energy, Inc. (NYSE:PGN), Cleco Corporation (NYSE:CNL), Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK), Northeast Utilities System (NYSE:NU), PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL), NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), ALLETE, Inc. (NYSE:ALE), and Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR).
(Note: Data regarding TECO Energy, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>