Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Tellabs Inc. (NASDAQ:TLAB).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Tellabs Inc. in Q3 2011:
- WESTWOOD MANAGEMENT CORP /TX: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 12,123,927 shares, worth $51,769,168.
- VERTEX ONE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,259,200 shares, worth $5,376,784.
- SG CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 717,954 shares, worth $3,065,664.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 457,634 shares, worth $1,954,097.
- MACQUARIE GROUP LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 413,400 shares, worth $1,765,218.
About the company: Tellabs, Inc. designs, manufactures, markets, and services voice, data, and video transport and network access systems. The Company’s products are used worldwide by public telephone companies, long-distance carriers, alternate service providers, cellular service providers, cable operators, government agencies, utilities, and business end-users.
Competitors to Watch: ADTRAN, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADTN), Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN), Sycamore Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCMR), Ditech Networks Inc. (NASDAQ:DITC), Calix, Inc. (NYSE:CALX), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS), and Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU).
(Note: Data regarding Tellabs Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>