Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE:BK).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Arledge Curtis: act as Vice Chairman. On 08/10/2011, bought 52,000 shares, worth $1,019,200.
- Hassell Gerald L: act as Chairman, President & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/02/2011, bought 50,000 shares, worth $1,003,500.
- Gibbons Thomas P: act as Vice Chairman & CFO. On 09/02/2011, bought 25,000 shares, worth $509,300.
- Brueckner Richard F: act as Sr. Executive Vice President. On 11/23/2011, bought 25,000 shares, worth $447,300.
- Von Schack Wesley W: act as Director. On 09/06/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $193,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,428,729 shares, worth $118,738,625.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,703,455 shares, worth $31,462,814.
- PRIVATE MANAGEMENT GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,044,742 shares, worth $19,296,385.
- GOLDEN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 854,758 shares, worth $15,787,380.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 783,716 shares, worth $14,475,235.
About the company: Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BNY Mellon) is a global financial services company. The Company provides financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services.
Competitors to Watch: State Street Corporation (NYSE:STT), Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS), SEI Investments Company (NASDAQ:SEIC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C), United Western Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:UWBK), and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM).
(Note: Data regarding The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>