Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought The Chubb Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of The Chubb Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,156,215 shares, worth $129,351,338.
- LORD ABBETT & CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 631,291 shares, worth $37,871,147.
- SELECT EQUITY GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 509,023 shares, worth $30,536,290.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 283,231 shares, worth $16,991,028.
- SIGMA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 245,000 shares, worth $14,697,550.
About the company: The Chubb Corporation, a holding company, offers property and casualty insurance, which includes personal, standard commercial and specialty commercial insurance. The Company provides insurance coverage principally in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and parts of Latin America and Asia.
Competitors to Watch: American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:WTM), RLI Corp. (NYSE:RLI), Loews Corporation (NYSE:L), HCC Insurance Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HCC), W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:OB), and Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACGL).
(Note: Data regarding The Chubb Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>