Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of The Dow Chemical Company in Q3 2011:
- ATALANTA SOSNOFF CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,320,458 shares, worth $82,724,328. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- COLUMBUS CIRCLE INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 2,122,613 shares, worth $75,671,153. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WOODBINE CAPITAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,894,126 shares, worth $67,525,592. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,267,264 shares, worth $45,177,962. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CI INVESTMENTS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,246,265 shares, worth $44,429,347. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: The Dow Chemical Company is a diversified chemical company that provides chemical, plastic, and agricultural products and services to various essential consumer markets. The Company serves customers in countries around the world in markets such as food, transportation,health and medicine, personal care, and construction.
Competitors to Watch: E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD), Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN), Eastman Chemical Company (NYSE:EMN), PolyOne Corporation (NYSE:POL), FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC), Westlake Chemical Corp. (NYSE:WLK), Rockwood Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ROC), Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB), Solutia Inc. (NYSE:SOA), and Ashland Inc. (NYSE:ASH).
(Note: Data regarding The Dow Chemical Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>