Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. (NYSE:MHP).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have sold The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARONSON & JOHNSON & ORTIZ, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,295,400 shares, worth $95,029,560. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ABRAMS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,014,764 shares, worth $42,011,230. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AMERICAN CENTURY COMPANIES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 845,230 shares, worth $34,992,522. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CORNERSTONE INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 660,592 shares, worth $27,348,509. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC: On 06/30/2011, held 659,900 shares, worth $27,319,860. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies is a leading global financial information and education company that helps professionals and students succeed in the Knowledge Economy. Leading brands include Standard & Poor’s, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. The Corporation has approximately 21,000 employees with more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Sales in 2010 were $6.2 billion.
Competitors to Watch: Moody’s (NYSE:MCO), Reed Elsevier plc (NYSE:RUK), Reed Elsevier NV (NYSE:ENL), Thomson Reuters Corp. (NYSE:USA) (NYSE:TRI), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI), Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP), Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ:SCHL), Pearson PLC (NYSE:PSO), News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWSA), and The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT).
(Note: Data regarding The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>