Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought The New York Times Company’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Inmobiliaria Carso S A De C V: act as Affiliates – see Exhibit 99-1.. On 08/19/2011, bought 450,000 shares, worth $3,019,500.
- Inmobiliaria Carso S A De C V: act as Affiliates – see Exhibit 99-1.. On 08/18/2011, bought 389,850 shares, worth $2,748,400.
- Inmobiliaria Carso S A De C V: act as Affiliates – see Exhibit 99-1.. On 08/18/2011, bought 163,150 shares, worth $1,125,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of The New York Times Company in Q3 2011:
- ALDEN GLOBAL CAPITAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 584,100 shares, worth $3,393,621.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 547,000 shares, worth $3,178,070.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 390,817 shares, worth $2,270,647.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 364,579 shares, worth $2,118,204.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 362,802 shares, worth $2,107,880.
About the company: The New York Times Company, a diversified media company, conducts operations in newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, and electronic information and publishing. The Company’s publications include “The New York Times,” “The Boston Globe,” and the “International Herald Tribune.”. New York Times also holds interests in a newsprint mill and a paper mill.
Competitors to Watch: Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE:MNI), News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWSA), Media General, Inc. (NYSE:MEG), GateHouse Media, Inc. (OTC:GHSE), Lee Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:LEE), The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE:SSP), A. H. Belo Corporation (NYSE:AHC), Daily Journal Corporation (NASDAQ:DJCO), and Pearson PLC (NYSE:PSO).
(Note: Data regarding The New York Times Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>