Here are some of the basic charges and fees that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
Interest rates and charges:
- Annual percentage rate: 15.99%
- Balance transfer APR: 15.99%
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99%
- Overdraft Advance APR: 24.99%
- No minimum interest charge
- Annual membership fee: $0 for the first year and $95 after that.
- Balance transfers: Either $5 or 3% of the amount per transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash advances: Either $10 or 5% of the amount per transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transactions: None
- Late payment: Up to $15 if the balance is less than $100 and up to $25 if the balance is $100 to less than $250. Up to $35 if the balance is $250 or more.
- Return payment: Up to $35.
- Return check: None.
The final word: Although this card has some great features, it may not be right for you if you don’t spend a lot on travel. In addition, some of the interest rates are a bit high, so make sure you only charge what you can pay off every month. Other than that, there are plenty of benefits and rewards for frequent travelers.