Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Align Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALGN): Up +32.79%. Align Technology, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets the Invisalign System, a method for treating the misalignment of teeth. The Company’s system corrects the misalignment using a series of clear, removable appliances that move teeth to a desired final position.
- Stillwater Mining Company (NYSE:SWC): Up +18.46%. Stillwater Mining Company explores for, develops, extracts, processes, and refines platinum, palladium, and associated metals from the J-M Reef located in Stillwater and the East Boulder Mine near McLeod, Montana. The Company also recycles automotive catalytic converters in its processing facility in Columbus, Montana.
- FEI Company (NASDAQ:FEIC): Up +14.24%. FEI Company designs, manufactures, and sells products based on focused charged particle beam technology. The Company’s products include focused ion beam workstations, transmission electron microscopes, scanning electron microscopes, and components. The products are sold primarily to manufacturers of integrated circuits and life science and material science customers.
- VCA Antech, Inc. (NASDAQ:WOOF): Up +13.86%. VCA Antech, Inc. owns, operates, and manages a network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary-exclusive clinical laboratories in the United States. The Company also supplies ultrasound and digital radiography equipment to the veterinary industry.
- Renren Inc (NYSE:RENN): Up +12.68%. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR): Down -14.34%. Whirlpool Corporation manufactures and markets major home appliances. The Company’s principal products include laundry appliances, refrigeration and room air conditioning equipment, cooking appliances, dishwashers, and mixers and other small household appliances. Whirlpool’s products are sold worldwide
- HMS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:HMSY): Down -13.01%. HMS Holdings Corporation provides proprietary information management and data processing products and services. The Company furnishes these products to hospitals and health care providers, government health service agencies, payers or purchasers of health care, and companies serving the health care industry.
- Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE:CVC): Down -12.54%. Cablevision Systems Corporation provides telecommunications and entertainment services. The Company has operations in multimedia delivery, subscription cable television services, championship professional sports teams, and national television program networks.
- Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. (NYSE:SHI): Down -11.93%. Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co., Ltd. processes crude oil into a broad range of synthetic fibers, resins and plastics, intermediate petrochemical products and petroleum products.
- HomeAway, Inc. (NASDAQ:AWAY): Down -9.67%. HomeAway, Inc., based in Austin, Texas, is the world’s largest online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing more than 625,000 paid vacation rental home listings in over 145 countries around the world. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>