The Top 10 IPO Stock Performers This Year
Following is information on the best-performing IPOs from the past year after LinkedIn’s (NYSE:LNKD) big surge in share price today (up 145%!):
- Broadsoft (NASDAQ:BSFT): The shares were offered at $9 and recently traded at $38.57, for a return of 328.56%. About the company: BroadSoft, Inc. is a global provider of software that enables fixed-line, mobile and cable service providers to deliver voice and multimedia services over their Internet protocol-based, or IP-based, networks. The Company’s software enables customers to provide enterprises and consumers with a range of cloud-based, or hosted, IP multimedia communications.
- Molycorp (NYSE:MCP): The shares were offered at $14 and recently traded at $58.36, for a return of 316.86%. About the company: Molycorp, Inc. produces rare earth minerals. The Company produces rare earth products, including oxides, metals, alloys and magnets for a variety of applications including clean energy technologies, technology, and defense applications.
- Youku.com (NYSE:YOKU): The shares were offered at $12.80 and recently traded at $47.43, for a return of 270.55%. About the company: Youku.com, Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.
- Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA): The shares were offered at $16 and recently traded at $51.50 for a return of 221.88%. About the company: Vera Bradley, Inc. designs, produces, and retails fashion accessories for women. The Company markets handbags, accessories and travel and leisure items through its chain of retail stores and independent retailers.
- Qlik Technology (NASDAQ:QLIK): The shares were offered at $10 and recently traded at $30.79, for a return of 207.9%. About the company: QLIK Technologies Inc. develops business intelligence solutions. The Company’s software platform combines enterprise-class analytics and search functionality into a single platform.
- SodaStream (NASDAQ:SODA): The shares were offered at $20 and recently traded at $53.99 for a return of 169.95%. About the company: SodaStream International Ltd. manufactures home beverage carbonation systems, which enable consumers to transform tap water into carbonated soft drinks and sparkling water. The Company develops, manufactures and sells soda makers and exchangeable carbon-dioxide cylinders, as well as consumables, consisting of C02 refills, reuasable carbonation bottles, and flavors.
- RealPage Inc. (NASDAQ:RP): The shares were offered at $11 and recently traded at $29.40 for a return of 167.27%. About the company: RealPage, Inc. provides products and services to the multifamily real estate industry. The Company’s services include applicant screening, accounting, budgeting, property management, and compliance reporting. RealPage also develops and delivers proprietary Web-based applications that enhance client information management capabilities.
- China Kanghui Holdings (NYSE:KH): The shares were offered at $10.25 and recently traded at $24.63, for a return of 140.29%. About the company: China Kanghui Holdings, Inc. manufactures orthopedic medical devices. The Company produces trauma supplies including nails, plates and screw, and cranial maxillofacial plate and screw systems; and spinal products including screws, meshes, interbody cages, and fixation systems.
- Fabrinet (NYSE:FN): The shares were offered at $10 and recently traded at $23.50 for a return of 135%. About the company: Fabrinet offers outsourced process engineering and manufacturing services. The Company contracts to manufacture optical communications, automotive, industrial, and imaging components, sub-assemblies, and modules for its original equipment manufacturer customers.
- RealD (NYSE:RLD): The shares were offered at $16 and recently traded at $35, for a return of 118.75%. About the company: RealD, Inc. is a global licensor of stereoscopic (three-dimensional), or 3D, technologies. The Company licenses its Cinema Systems to motion picture exhibitors that show 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content. RealD also offers active and passive eyewear and display and gaming technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers and content producers and distributors.