Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold The Travelers Companies, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Heyman William H: act as Vice Chairman & Chief Inv Off. On 10/24/2011, sold 60,000 shares, worth $3,433,800.
- Heyman William H: act as Vice Chairman & Chief Inv Off. On 10/27/2011, sold 35,361 shares, worth $2,081,000.
- Clarke Charles J: act as Vice Chairman. On 10/31/2011, sold 12,000 shares, worth $705,400.
- Fishman Jay S: act as Chairman & Chief Exec. Officer. On 10/28/2011, sold 11,162 shares, worth $661,500.
- Dolan Janet M: act as Director. On 10/24/2011, sold 6,000 shares, worth $346,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of The Travelers Companies, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PGGM INVESTMENTS: On 06/30/2011, held 906,682 shares, worth $52,487,821. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 890,769 shares, worth $51,566,617. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 681,259 shares, worth $39,438,084. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE SA: On 06/30/2011, held 356,096 shares, worth $20,614,397. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SYSTEMATIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 292,549 shares, worth $16,935,662. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: The Travelers Companies, Inc. provides commercial property casualty insurance and asset management services to businesses, government units, associations and individuals. The Company underwrites homeowners and auto insurance through independent agents.
Competitors to Watch: American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:WTM), RLI Corp. (NYSE:RLI), The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB), W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB), CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), XL Group plc (NYSE:XL), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), HCC Insurance Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HCC), and Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL).
(Note: Data regarding The Travelers Companies, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>