Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (NYSE:TMO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,162,600 shares, worth $139,249,814. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,080,751 shares, worth $69,589,557. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SOROS FUND MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 937,100 shares, worth $60,339,869. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREENHAVEN ASSOCIATES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 682,380 shares, worth $43,938,448. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VAUGHAN NELSON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 483,865 shares, worth $31,156,067. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. manufactures scientific instruments, consumables, and chemicals. The Company offers analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables, reagents, chemicals, and supplies to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions, and government agencies.
Competitors to Watch: PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE:PKI), Becton, Dickinson and Co. (NYSE:BDX), Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ:BRKR), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (NYSE:BEC), Harvard Bioscience, Inc. (NASDAQ:HBIO), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO), CareFusion Corporation (NYSE:CFN), Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT), Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX), and Quidel Corporation (NASDAQ:QDEL).
(Note: Data regarding Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>