Thermo Fisher Scientific: Institutional Stock Purchases in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (NYSE:TMO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,185,587 shares, worth $110,678,126.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 538,770 shares, worth $27,283,313.
- DISCOVERY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC / CT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 411,100 shares, worth $20,818,104.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 242,781 shares, worth $12,294,430.
- CAPITAL FUND MANAGEMENT S.A.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 205,100 shares, worth $10,386,264.
About the company: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. manufactures scientific instruments, consumables, and chemicals. The Company offers analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables, reagents, chemicals, and supplies to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions, and government agencies.
Competitors to Watch: PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE:PKI), Becton, Dickinson and Co. (NYSE:BDX), Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ:BRKR), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (NYSE:BEC), Harvard Bioscience, Inc. (NASDAQ:HBIO), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO), CareFusion Corporation (NYSE:CFN), Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT), Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX), and Quidel Corporation (NASDAQ:QDEL).
(Note: Data regarding Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)