These 10 Stocks Hit 52-Week Highs As Markets Rebound
Here are 10 stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE:BTU): Up 0.13% to $70.21. Peabody Energy Corporation mines and markets predominantly low sulfur coal, primarily for use by electric utilities. The Company also trades coal and emission allowances. Peabody owns and operates mines in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana, and Australia. The Company also a minority interest in a Venezuelan mine through a joint venture.
- CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNX): Down 2.53% to $53.93. CONSOL Energy Inc. produces high-BTU bituminous coal, and also coalbed methane gas. The Company primarily produces pipeline-quality coalbed methane gas from coal properties in the Northern and the Central Appalachian basin, other western basins, and oil and gas from properties in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins.
- EnCana Corp. (NYSE:ECA): Up 1.88% to $34.12. Encana Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company operates in North and South America.
- Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR): Up 0.72% to $54.69. Equity Residential is a real estate investment trust. The trust acquires, develops, and manages apartment complexes in the United States.
- Hershey Co. (NYSE:HSY): Up 1.6% to $53.87. The Hershey Company manufactures chocolate and sugar confectionery products. The Company’s principal products include confectionery and snack products; gum and mint refreshment products; and food and beverage enhancers such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages.
- Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO): Up 10.57% to $87.11. Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
- Norfolk Southern Corp. (NYSE:NSC): Up 0.67% to $66.28. Norfolk Southern Corporation provides rail transportation services. The Company transports raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods primarily in the Southeast, East, and Midwest and, via interchange with rail carriers, to and from the rest of the United States. Norfolk Southern also transports overseas freight through several Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE): Up 1.51% to $20.18. Pfizer Inc. is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines.
- Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPGY): Up 2.04% to $88.05. Shire PLC markets, licenses and develops prescription medicines. The Group focuses its operations on attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders, human genetic therapies, gastrointestinal, and renal diseases.
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFMI): Up 0.07% to $60.44. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural food supermarkets in the United States. The Company’s stores provides full range of merchandise, featuring products that are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and added chemicals. Whole Foods also develops, produces, and markets nutriceuticals and nutritional supplements.