Here are some of the top stocks that just hit their highest price in the past 12 months:
1) Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (NASDAQ:CTSH): Up 2.47% to $77.79. CTSH is a Wall St. Cheat Sheet Premium Selection from 2010. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides custom Information Technology (NYSE:IT) consulting and technology services as well as outsourcing services. The Company’s core competencies include technology strategy consulting, complex systems development, enterprise software package implementation and maintenance, data warehousing and business intelligence.
2) 3M Co. (NYSE:MMM): Up 1.46% to $93.75. 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
3) Consolidated Edison Inc. (NYSE:ED): Up 1% to $50.34. Consolidated Edison, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a variety of energy related products and services. The Company supplies electric service in New York, parts of New Jersey, and Pennsylvania as well as supplies electricity to wholesale customers.
4) Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM): Up 0.96% to $64.25. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
5) Bank of Montreal (NYSE:BMO): Up 1.87% to $64.26. Bank of Montreal, doing business as BMO Financial Group, is a Canadian chartered bank which operates throughout the world. The Bank offers commercial, corporate, governmental, international, personal banking, and trust services. Bank of Montreal also offers full brokerage, underwriting, investment, and advisory services.
6) Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS): Up 3.39% to $22.27. Discover Financial Services is a credit card issuer and electronic payment services company. The Company issues credit cards and offers student and personal loans, as well as savings products such as certificates of deposit and money market accounts and operates an automated teller machine(ATM)/debit network, which includes ATMs, as well as POS terminals nationwide.
7) Southern Company (NYSE:SO): Up 0.84% to $38.39. Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
8) Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK): Up 0.55% to $18.24. Duke Energy Corporation is an energy company located primarily in the Americas that owns an integrated network of energy assets. The Company manages a portfolio of natural gas and electric supply, delivery, and trading businesses in the United States and Latin America.
9) Kellogg Company (NYSE:K): Up 0.68% to $54.54. Kellogg Company manufactures and markets ready-to-eat cereal and other convenience foods. The Company’s products include cereals, cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit snacks, frozen waffles and veggie foods. Kellogg markets its products in the United States, Canada, and other countries throughout the world.
10) Stryker Corp. (NYSE:SYK): Up 2.78% to $65.07. Stryker Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty surgical and medical products. The Company’s products include implants, biologics; surgical, neurologic, ear, nose & throat and interventional pain equipment; endoscopic, surgical navigation, communications and digital imaging systems; as well as patient handling and emergency medical equipment.