These 10 Stocks Hit 52-Week Highs As The Market Tanked
Here are 10 stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACGL): Down 0.65% to $90.62. Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based insurance and financial services company that provides reinsurance and insurance products on a worldwide basis.
- Clean Harbors, Inc. (NYSE:CLH): Up 0.93% to $95.29. Clean Harbors, Inc. provides a variety of environmental remediation and industrial waste management services to customers in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company’s services include treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous solid and liquid waste, surface remediation, groundwater restoration, waste packaging, as well as analytical testing and consulting.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE:COG): Up 1% to $46.68. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation is an independent oil and gas company that develops, exploits, and explores oil and gas properties located in North America. The Company holds interests Appalachian Basin, onshore Gulf Coast, including south and east Texas and north Louisiana, the Rocky Mountains and the Anadarko Basin as well as in the deep gas basin of Western Canada.
- The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR): Up 0.59% to $24.00. The Kroger Co. operates supermarkets and convenience stores in the United States. The Company also manufactures and processes some of the foods that its supermarkets sell.
- VeriFone Systems, Inc (NYSE:PAY): Up 7.41% to $51.46. VeriFone Systems, Inc. is a global provider of technology that enables electronic payment transactions and value-added services at the point of sale. The Company’s customers include financial institutions, payment processors, petroleum companies, large retailers, government organizations and healthcare companies, as well as independent sales organizations.
- Six Flags Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:SIX): Up 0.27% to $67.78. Six Flags Entertainment Corporation operates regional theme parks across North America. The Company has parks comprised of theme, water and zoological parks. The parks offer rides, water attractions, themed areas, concerts, shows, restaurants, game venues and retail outlets.
- Tempur Pedic International Inc. (NYSE:TPX): Up 2.87% to $49.48. Tempur-Pedic International Inc., through its primary subsidiary Tempur World, manufactures and markets foam mattresses, pillows, and miscellaneous products under the Tempur-Pedic and other brand names.
- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. (NASDAQ:ULTA): Up 0.51% to $47.19. Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. sells cosmetics, fragrances, skin and hair care products, appliances, and accessories. The Company also offers hair salon services, manicures, pedicures, massages, and other beauty & spa treatments.
- Walgreen Co. (NYSE:WAG): Down 1.25% to $41.07. Walgreen Company operates retail drugstores that offer a wide variety of prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as general goods. The Company operates stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Walgreen’s also offers health services, including primary and acute care, wellness, pharmacy and disease management services and health and fitness.
- Williams-Sonoma Inc. (NYSE:WSM): Up 12.58% to $39.38. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. retails cooking and serving equipment, home furnishings, and home accessories through retail stores and mail order catalogs. The Company offers its merchandise under the Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and Chambers concepts.