Here are some of the top stocks that just hit their highest price in the past 12 months:
1) TD AMERITRADE Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:AMTD): The stock is up 0.6% to $21.80. TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation provides online brokerage services. The Company, through its private client and institutional client divisions, provides tiered levels of brokerage products and services tailored to meet the varying investing, trading, and execution needs of self-directed individual investors, financial institutions, and corporations.
2) QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM): The stock is up 0.95% to $59.58. QUALCOMM, Inc. develops and manufactures digital wireless communications equipment. The Company licenses its Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) intellectual property to other companies, and produces CDMA-based integrated circuits; equipment and software used to track workers and assets; software for wireless content enablement; and offers services to deliver multimedia content.
3) UBS AG (NYSE:UBS): Shares are up 0.35% to $19.85. UBS AG is a wealth management, investment banking, and asset management firm. The Company provides a variety of financial services to individuals, institutions, corporations, governments, and financial intermediaries around the world.
4) CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS): The stock is up 1.36% to $23.86. CBS Corporation is a multimedia company that operates broadcasting, television production, and publishing businesses. The Company operates television and radio stations, produces and syndicates television programs, publishes books, provides online content as well as provides outdoor advertising.
5) Western Union Co. (NYSE:WU): Shares are up 1.24% to $21.99. Western Union Company offers money transfer services. The Company offers consumer to consumer money transfer and bill paying services, and sells money orders.
6) iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): Shares are up 1.69% to $33.11. iShares Silver Trust is a trust formed to invest in silver. The assets of the trust consist primarily of silver held by the custodian on behalf of the trust. The objective of the trust is for the shares to reflect the price of silver owned by the trust, less the trust’s expenses and liabilities.
7) Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL): The stock is up 3.89% to $92.66. Noble Energy, Inc. is an independent energy exploration and production company. The Company explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Noble Energy operates primarily in the Rocky Mountains, Mid-continent, and deepwater Gulf of Mexico areas in the US, with key international operations offshore Israel, the North Sea and West Africa.
8) Walgreen Co. (NYSE:WAG): Shares are up 3.26% to $43.34. Walgreen Company operates retail drugstores that offer a wide variety of prescription and non-prescription drugs as well as general goods. The Company operates stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Walgreen’s also offers health services, including primary and acute care, wellness, pharmacy and disease management services and health and fitness.
9) Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK): The stock is up 0.68% to $35.61. Chesapeake Energy Corporation produces oil and natural gas. The Company’s operations are focused on discovering, developing and acquiring conventional and unconventional natural gas reserves onshore in the United States.
10) Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM): Shares are up 0.85% to $62.78. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.