These 15 Stocks Hit 52-Week Highs As Markets Climbed Back 1%
Here are 15 stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE:ADS): Up 0.47% to $81.67. Alliance Data Systems Corporation provides card services, loyalty and marketing solutions, payment processing, and business process outsourcing services. The Company provides such services to the retail, petroleum, utility, financial services, and hospitality markets.
- American Capital Agency Corp. (NASDAQ:AGNC): Up 0.3% to $30.35. American Capital Agency Corporation is a real estate investment trust. The Trust invests in agency pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity.
- Alliance Resource Partners LP (NASDAQ:ARLP): Up 5.74% to $81.07. Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. produces and markets coal to United States utilities and industrial users. The Company operates its facilities in Kentucky, Illinois, and Maryland.
- Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE:BTU): Up 3.62% to $70.12. Peabody Energy Corporation mines and markets predominantly low sulfur coal, primarily for use by electric utilities. The Company also trades coal and emission allowances. Peabody owns and operates mines in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana, and Australia. The Company also a minority interest in a Venezuelan mine through a joint venture.
- CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNX): Up 5.63% to $55.33. CONSOL Energy Inc. produces high-BTU bituminous coal, and also coalbed methane gas. The Company primarily produces pipeline-quality coalbed methane gas from coal properties in the Northern and the Central Appalachian basin, other western basins, and oil and gas from properties in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins.
- CSX Corp. (NYSE:CSX): Up 2.69% to $75.72. CSX Corporation is an international freight transportation company. The Company provides rail, intermodal, domestic container-shipping, barging, and contract logistics services around the world. CSX’s rail transportation services are provided principally throughout the eastern United States.
- Hologic Inc. (NASDAQ:HOLX): Up 2.98% to $21.75. Hologic, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets x-ray systems. The Company makes x-ray bone densitometers that measure the precise bone density for use in the diagnosing of metabolic bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Liberty Starz Group (NASDAQ:LSTZA): Up 0.58% to $77.95. Liberty Media-Starz owns and operates cable television channels and Internet businesses. The Company operates cable television channels that televise movies; offers satellite Internet access; operates fantasy sports games; and offers online games, information and entertainment for sports fans.
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE:LUK): Up 1.34% to $34.10. Leucadia National Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company is involved in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing, telecommunications, property management and services, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development and winery operations.
- VeriFone Systems, Inc (NYSE:PAY): Up 0.27% to $52.39. VeriFone Systems, Inc. is a global provider of technology that enables electronic payment transactions and value-added services at the point of sale. The Company’s customers include financial institutions, payment processors, petroleum companies, large retailers, government organizations and healthcare companies, as well as independent sales organizations.
- Polaris Industries, Inc. (NYSE:PII): Up 1.18% to $81.45. Polaris Industries Inc. designs, engineers, and manufactures snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and personal watercraft. The Company markets its products, together with related replacement parts, garments, and accessories through dealers and distributors located in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Sauer-Danfoss Inc. (NYSE:SHS): Up 0.96% to $44.02. Sauer-Danfoss, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells hydraulic systems and components for use primarily in applications of off-highway mobile equipment. The Company’s products include hydrostatic transmissions, gear pumps and motors, orbital motors, hydrostatic steering units, proportional load-sensing valves, microprocessor controls, and electrohydraulics.
- Six Flags Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:SIX): Up 0.03% to $67.80. Six Flags Entertainment Corporation operates regional theme parks across North America. The Company has parks comprised of theme, water and zoological parks. The parks offer rides, water attractions, themed areas, concerts, shows, restaurants, game venues and retail outlets.
- Teekay LNG Partners LP. (NYSE:TGP): Up 2.79% to $39.46. Teekay LNG Partners LP transports liquified natural gas, compressed natural gas, and crude oil via its carriers and oil tankers.
- Trinity Industries Inc. (NYSE:TRN): Up 2.89% to $32.38. Trinity Industries, Inc. manufactures transportation, construction, and industrial products. The Company’s products include tank and freight railcars, inland hopper and tank barges, highway guardrail and safety products, ready-mix concrete, and other products. Trinity also leases railcars and other products. The Company markets its products in the United States and internationally.