Here are 22 stocks, with a market cap greater than $10 billion, that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading:
- Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM): Up 0.79% to $63.84. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
- Fomento Econ (NYSE:FMX): Up 1.48% to $58.09. Fomento Economico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (FEMSA) is an integrated beverage company. The Company through its subsidiaries produces, distributes and markets large-scale soft drinks, beer and convenience stores throughout Latin America, the United States and Mexico.
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank (NYSE:TD): Up 0.67% to $86.91. The Toronto-Dominion Bank conducts a general banking business through banking branches and offices located throughout Canada and overseas. The Bank and other subsidiaries offer a broad range of banking, advisory services, and discount brokerage to individuals, businesses, financial institutions, governments, and multinational corporations.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Down 0.03% to $106.76. Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
- Altria Group Inc. (NYSE:MO): Up 0.71% to $25.61. Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and pipe tobacco. Altria holds an interest in a brewery company.
- ING Groep NV (NYSE:ING): Up 0.54% to $12.94. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU): Up 4.32% to $132.58. Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches.
- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN): Down 0.15% to $92.96. Devon Energy Corporation is an independent energy company that is involved primarily in oil and gas exploration, development and production, the transportation of oil, gas, and NGLs and the processing of natural gas. The Company also has marketing and midstream operations primarily in North America that include gas, crude oil and NGLs.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (NYSE:CM): Up 1.24% to $87.12. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce provides banking and financial services to consumers, individuals, and corporate clients in Canada and around the world.
- Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE:RAI): Up 1.43% to $34.68. Reynolds American Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures tobacco and smokeless tobacco products. The Company’s subsidiary sells its products in the United States and its territories.
- The Blackstone Group (NYSE:BX): Up 3.76% to $18.20. The Blackstone Group LP is a global alternative asset manager and provider of financial advisory services. The firm’s asset management businesses include the management of corporate private equity funds, real estate funds, mezzanine funds, proprietary hedge funds and closed-end mutual funds. Blackstone also provides M&A and reorganization advisory, as well as private placement services.
- Peabody Energy Corp. (NYSE:BTU): Up 2.73% to $72.55. Peabody Energy Corporation mines and markets predominantly low sulfur coal, primarily for use by electric utilities. The Company also trades coal and emission allowances. Peabody owns and operates mines in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, Illinois, Indiana, and Australia. The Company also a minority interest in a Venezuelan mine through a joint venture.
- Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL): Up 0.2% to $96.22. Noble Energy, Inc. is an independent energy exploration and production company. The Company explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Noble Energy operates primarily in the Rocky Mountains, Mid-continent, and deepwater Gulf of Mexico areas in the US, with key international operations offshore Israel, the North Sea and West Africa.
- Vivo Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:VIV): Up 2.74% to $38.28. Vivo Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunication services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services throughout Brazil.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Up 1.4% to $18.08. Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
- Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO): Up 3.65% to $94.58. Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
- CPFL Energia S.A. (NYSE:CPL): Up 0.77% to $82.23. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, distributes, generates and commercializes electricity in Brazil. The Company also commercializes electricity and provides electricity-related services to its affiliates as well as unaffiliated parties.
- Rockwell Automation Inc. (NYSE:ROK): Up 1.67% to $91.18. Rockwell Automation, Inc. is a global provider of industrial automation power, control, and information solutions. The Company’s products include Low voltage and medium voltage electro-mechanical and electronic motor starters, motor and circuit protection devices, AC/DC variable frequency drives, contactors, push buttons, signaling devices, termination and protection devices, and relays.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX): Up 5.1% to $44.50. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. develops and distributes drugs. The Company develops drugs for unmet medical needs in central nervous system disorders; and distributes generic and branded generic drugs in Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS): Up 5.35% to $23.44. Discover Financial Services is a credit card issuer and electronic payment services company. The Company issues credit cards and offers student and personal loans, as well as savings products such as certificates of deposit and money market accounts and operates an automated teller machine(ATM)/debit network, which includes ATMs, as well as POS terminals nationwide.
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): Up 2.62% to $36.47. iShares Silver Trust is a trust formed to invest in silver. The assets of the trust consist primarily of silver held by the custodian on behalf of the trust. The objective of the trust is for the shares to reflect the price of silver owned by the trust, less the trust’s expenses and liabilities.
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFMI): Up 0.83% to $61.88. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural food supermarkets in the United States. The Company’s stores provides full range of merchandise, featuring products that are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and added chemicals. Whole Foods also develops, produces, and markets nutriceuticals and nutritional supplements.
Do You Want More Profits? Wall St. Cheat Sheet Premium newsletter subscribers have been crushing the markets with winning stock picks.
Click here now for your FREE trial to our acclaimed flagship newsletter: