US Markets closed slightly higher today on negative economic news. Investors continue to fear this market as most of the performers today came out of defensive sectors.
Here are a few of today’s most active stocks trading pre-market:
1) Red Hat Inc. (NYSE:RHT): Shares of the open source software solution provider are up $4.00 or 10.01% after announcing a fiscal Q4 earnings surge of 43%. The report surpassed company guidance on increased operating margins.
2) Micron Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:MU): Shares of the manufacturer and marketer of semiconductor devices are up $0.44 or 4.15% after reporting a huge drop in fiscal Q2 earnings of 80%. The drop came on increased revenue but much lower margins.
3) Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE:TM): Shares of the automobile manufacturer are down 0.8% after reporting that it is being forced to stop some production in North American plants. The forced stop comes from product shortages due to the Japanese earthquake.
4) Steelcase Inc. (NYSE:SCS): Shares of the office furniture specialist are flat at $9.53 after announcing positive fiscal Q4 earnings. The positive report came on an significant increase in worldwide revenue and increased margins.
5) Paychex Inc. (NASDAQ:PAYX): Shares of the provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses are down $0.11 or 0.34% after announcing a fiscal Q3 earnings rise of 17%. The rise in earnings came on lower costs and increased revenue in the HR segment.
Keep these stocks on your watch list for today’s trading. Good luck out there!