These 5 Stocks Are Catching Eyes in Pre-Market Trading
US Markets closed slightly lower yesterday as investors are still concerned about the MENA region unrest and negative tech news. But the pre-market action is heating up.
Here are a few of today’s most active stocks trading pre-market:
1) Molycorp Inc. (NYSE:MCP): Shares of the rare earth miner are up $1.66 or 3.41% after reporting a Q4 loss that slowed. The better than expected earnings came on increased sales and much higher rare earth prices. But, Are Rare Earth Stocks Just a Bubble Waiting to Explode?
2) H&R Block Inc. (NYSE:HRB): Shares of the tax, business, and banking consultant are up $1.01 or 6.65% after reporting a fiscal Q3 loss. The loss came on a slow start to the tax season that in turn hurt revenue. Looks like someone has a lot more lobbying to do to get those tax increases enacted sooner than later. Well, this huge hedge fund just bought more shares of HRB as part of a $3.8 billion addition to their stock position.
3) Coldwater Creek Inc. (NASDAQ:CWTR): Shares of the women’s specialty retailer are down $0.36 or 12.37% after announcing a worse than expected sales drop. The sales drop along with the failure of their holiday products led the company to a fiscal Q4 loss. You could say shares are in some seriously cold water.
4) Men’s Wearhouse Inc. (NYSE:MW): Shares of the men’s specialty retailer are up $1.07 or 4.09% after reporting a fiscal Q4 loss that decreased. However, the company did report higher sales. The release was up to par with Wall Street estimates.
5) American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO): Shares of the on-trend clothing provider are up $0.13 or 0.84% after having a strong 5%+ day. Demand for the shares came because of a fiscal Q4 rise in bottom line of 47%. Also, takeover chatter of the company was fueled more than ever as the CEO of the company announced his planned retirement.
Keep these stocks on your watch list for today’s trading. Good luck out there!