These 5 Stocks are Making Headlines After Hours on February 8th
US Markets continued their upward march on strong corporate earnings despite emerging market inflation fears and rate hikes. Here are today’s after hours most active:
1) The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS): Shares of the diversified worldwide entertainment company are up $1.42 or 3.45% after reporting fiscal Q1 earnings that rose 54%. The report beat analyst expectations on stronger than expected top and bottom lines.
2) Atmel Corp. (NASDAQ:ATML): Shares of the semiconductor manufacturer are up $0.71 or 4.84% after reporting profitable Q4 earnings, including heavy write-downs. Revenue and margins exploded during the quarter.
3) Amtech Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:ASYS): Shares of the supplier of horizontal diffusion furnace systems used in solar cells and semiconductors $1.47 or 5.08% after reporting stellar fiscal Q1 earnings that surged. The company’s orders set new records and revenue jumped.
4) 3M Company (NYSE:MMM): Shares of the globally diversified tech company are up $1.38 or 1.54% after reporting a plan to establish a $7 billion stock buyback. The firm looks to improve shareholder confidence and establish value.
5) Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC): Shares of the financial services company are down $0.77 or 2.26% after announcing the retirement of their CFO, Howard I. Atkins, on personal reasons. The current Chief Administrative Officer, Timothy J. Sloan, will replace the retiring CFO.
Start Off 2011 by Improving Your Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>