US Markets closed deep in the red today after unrest in the Middle East, increased commodity prices, and the constant climb up the wall of worry keeps investors fearful. Here are today’s after hours most active:
1) VeriFone Systems Inc. (NYSE:PAY): Shares of the provider of secured electronic payment solutions are up $1.89 or 4.24% after reporting a pop in Q4 earnings of over 300%. The positive report was backed by an increase in sales and a huge jump in revenue from services.
2) TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ:TIVO): Shares of the advanced television technology and services provider are down $0.22 or 2.24% after reporting a fiscal Q4 loss that increased as margins and revenue dropped. The company also warned of a Q1 loss that is much larger than analyst estimates.
3) McDermott International Inc. (NYSE:MDR): Shares of the ECPI oil and gas company are down $0.39 or 1.74% after announcing Q4 earnings fell 55%. The slide came on decreased revenue from the Asian and Middle Eastern regions.
4) MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI): Shares of the insurance provider are down $0.16 or 1.45% after reporting a Q4 earnings report that disappointed investors. Earnings for the quarter increased on larger gains from insured credit derivates.
5) Dean Foods Co. (NYSE:DF): Shares of the food and beverage company are down $0.01 or 0.10% after President and CEO Joseph Scalzo annouced that he is leaving the company. This is the second top official that leaves the company in the last 4 months.