US Markets closed in the red today as rise in oil and unrest in the MENA region escalates. Here are today’s after hours most active:
1) Urban Outfitters Inc. (NASDAQ:URBN): Shares of the lifestyle specialty retail company are down $4.49 or 11.82% after annoucing fiscal Q4 earnings that unexpectedly dropped 3.1%. The drop came on lower margins, increased tax payments, and worse than expected sales.
2) Casey’s General Stores Inc. (NASDAQ:CASY): Shares of the convenience store operator are down $2.45 or 6.04% after reporting a drop in fiscal Q3 earnings of 25%. This decrease came on lower margins, rising commodity prices, and greater than expected operating expenses. However, revenue growth came in better than expected.
3) Exelixis Inc. (NASDAQ:EXEL): Shares of the cancer and other serious disease researcher and developer are down $0.74 or 6.53% after it issued a plan to dilute its stock by 12.5 million more shares, increasing its shares by 11%. However, the company did not release details for this distribution.
4) BroadSoft Inc. (NASDAQ:BSFT): Shares of the communications software and hardware developer are up $6.52 or 18.68% after reporting Q4 earnings that easily surpassed analyst expectations. Revenue increased 85% for the quarter. The company also said that the strong results came on the ease of adoption of their products by the market.
5) Jazz Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:JAZZ): Shares of the specialty pharmaceutical company are up $1.39 or 5.09% after issuing Q4 earnings that met analyst estimates. Sales were led by the company’s leading drug, Xyrem, which increased by 36%.