These 5 Stocks Deserve Your Attention in Pre-Market Trading
US Markets closed deep in the red yesterday on bad economic data in the U.S. and China (NYSE:FXI). Jobless claims climbed a bit in the U.S. and a trade deficit in China caught the market with its pants down. Also, investors grew even more cautious of the MENA region. But the pre-market action is heating up.
Here are a few of today’s most active stocks trading pre-market:
1) Aeropostale Inc. (NYSE:ARO): Shares of the mall-based specialty retailer are down $0.60 or 6.50% after reporting a fiscal Q4 earnings decline of 13%. The drop came on worse than expected gross margins and declines in same-store sales. The company also issued weak guidance for the fiscal year.
2) National Semiconductor Corp. (NYSE:NSM): Shares of the semiconductor company are down $0.16 or 1.13% after reporting a fiscal Q3 rise in earnings of 12%. However, the rise came on lower sales but lower costs helped improve the report.
3) Zumiez Inc. (NASDAQ:ZUMZ): Shares of this mall-based specialty retailer are down $1.43 or 5.07% after issuing guidance that was not up to par with analyst estimates. The company did report fiscal Q4 earnings that soared 70% on strong same-store sales which helped better gross margins.
4) Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc. (NASDAQ:ULTA): Shares of the beauty retailer are up $0.40 or 0.95% after reporting fiscal Q4 earnings that surged 49%. The results beat expectations as same-store sales continued to grow. The company also estimated current quarter earnings above analyst estimates.
5) Energy Conversion Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:ENER): Shares of the alternative energy company are down $0.71 or 22.47% after announcing a reduction in production and a pullback in cost structure. The reduction comes from events negatively impacting the French and Italian solar market, big markets for the company.
Keep these stocks on your watch list for today’s trading. Good luck out there!