Today was the Anniversary of the very interim market lows of March, 9, 2009. Since then, the bulls have continued have stampeded with control for 2 years. Here are some of the top stocks that just hit their highest price in the past 12 months:
1) Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Up 1.08% to $46.77. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
2) Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM): Up 0.98% to $52.66. Yum! Brands, Inc, owns and franchises quick-service restaurants worldwide. The Company develops, operates, franchises and licenses a worldwide system of restaurants which prepare, package and sell a menu of food items.
3) CSX Corp. (NYSE:CSX): Up 0.29% to $75.88. CSX Corporation is an international freight transportation company. The Company provides rail, intermodal, domestic container-shipping, barging, and contract logistics services around the world. CSX’s rail transportation services are provided principally throughout the eastern United States.
4) Dish Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH): Up 0.72% to $23.84. DISH Network Corp. provides a direct broadcast satellite subscription television service in the United States.
5) Covidien plc (NYSE:COV): Up 0.17% to $53.46. Covidien PLC is a global healthcare products company. The Company develops, manufactures and distributes a diverse range of medical devices and supplies, diagnostics imaging agents, pharmaceuticals and other healthcare products for use in clinical and home settings.
6) WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP): Up 1.57% to $69.40. WellPoint Inc. is a health benefits company. The Company provides health benefits, dental and vision benefits, pharmacy benefits, life insurance, and life and disability insurance benefits. WellPoint operations include Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
7) Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS): Up 0.43% to $72.80. Citrix Systems, Inc. designs, develops, and markets technology solutions that allow applications to be delivered, supported, and shared on-demand. The Company develops and markets comprehensive solutions across all dimensions of application, server and desktop virtualization as well as application and network optimization.
8) International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): Up 2.21% to $165.86. International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers.
9) CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI): Up 1.5% to $44.12. CIGNA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides group life and health insurance, managed care products and services, retirement products and services, and individual financial services worldwide. The Company also sells individual life and health insurance and annuity products in selected international locations.