These Companies Are Offering Free Gifts to Get Your Tax Refund
The postmark deadline for filing and paying Federal taxes to the IRS is today, April 15, and a number of companies are offering free deals to get you in the door on tax day. According to Fox 17 Online, the average tax refund last year was about $2,800. Obviously, companies want to get a piece of it and what better way to do that than to give you something free on the day you filed for it?
- Cinnabon is offering two free Cinnabon Bites between 6PM and 8PM at participating locations on Monday.
- Office Depot (NYSE:ODP) is offering a free black and white copy of your tax return (25 page limit, single sided) and free document shredding (5 lbs. limit) until May 1, with coupons.
- Arby’s is offering a free Curly Fries (value-size) or a small order of Potato Cakes with coupon.
- Panda Express is offering a free Samurai Surf and Turf entrée with coupon on the Wednesday after tax day.
- AMC Theaters is offering a free small bag of popcorn with coupon.
- Great American Cookies is offering a free Birthday Cake Cookie.
- HydroMassage is offering a free message with appointment and coupon.
According to Hip2Save, a number of restaurants are offering special deals on April 15 for the price of $10.40. These include Boston Market, Bruegger’s Bagels, Carvel Ice Cream, Papa John’s and Papa Murphy’s. Some restaurants are doing half-off, like Sonic Drive-In, which is selling its drinks and slushies for half-price all day on Monday. It is a good idea to check each company’s website and even call the local retailer or restaurant to make sure they are participating.
Remember, the post office is open late on April 15 to help make sure tax filers get the right postmark. If you cannot get your taxes filed by the deadline, extensions until October 15 are available via the IRS. Hopefully tax day should be a little less stressful thanks to these companies.
Don’t Miss: Here’s What Obama’s Tax Return Looks Like.