These Companies Beat Earnings Expectations in Q3 2011
Following is information on companies whose earnings beat expectations in the third quarter of 2011.
- Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:AREX): The company reported earnings per share of $0.23 against expectations of $0.20 for a surprise of 15.00%. About the company: Approach Resources Inc explores for and produces natural gas and crude oil.
- Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATNI): The company reported earnings per share of $0.57 against expectations of $0.45 for a surprise of 26.67%. About the company: Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. provides telecommunications services to rural, niche, and other under-served markets and geographies. The Company, through subsidiaries, provides both wireless and wireline connectivity to residential and business customers. Atlantic Tele-Network also provides a range of mobile wireless solutions, local exchange services and broadband internet services.
- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NYSE:CAR): The company reported earnings per share of $1.02 against expectations of $0.99 for a surprise of 3.03%. About the company: Avis Budget Group, Inc. offers automobile and truck rental services.
- Avista Corporation (NYSE:AVA): The company reported earnings per share of $0.18 against expectations of $0.17 for a surprise of 5.88%. About the company: Avista Corporation is an energy company that delivers products and solutions to business and residential customers throughout North America. The Company, through Avista Utilities, generates, transmits, and distributes electric and natural gas. Avista’s other businesses include Avista Advantage and Avista Energy.
- Balchem Corporation (NASDAQ:BCPC): The company reported earnings per share of $0.36 against expectations of $0.33 for a surprise of 9.09%. About the company: Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty performance ingredients for the food, feed, and medical sterilization industries. The Company micro-encapsulates performance ingredients, and also repackages and markets specialty gases. Balchem sells its products through its own sales force, independent distributors, and sales agents.
- Bravo Brio Restaurant Group, In (NASDAQ:BBRG): The company reported earnings per share of $0.13 against expectations of $0.12 for a surprise of 8.33%. About the company: Bravo Brio Restaurant Group Inc. owns and operates a chain of Italian restaurants. The Company’s restaurants are upscale classic Italian food restaurants and casual Italian restaurants that a offer wide variety of pasta dishes, steaks, chicken, seafood and pizzas.
- CACI International, Inc. (NYSE:CACI): The company reported earnings per share of $1.41 against expectations of $1.11 for a surprise of 27.03%. About the company: CACI International Inc. provides information technology products and services. The Company delivers client solutions for systems integration, information assurance and security, reengineering, logistics and engineering support, electronic commerce, and other solutions. CACI serves government and commercial markets primarily in North America and Western Europe.
- Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE:CPE): The company reported earnings per share of $0.21 against expectations of $0.15 for a surprise of 40.00%. About the company: Callon Petroleum Company acquires, develops, and explores oil and gas properties. The Company’s properties are concentrated offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and onshore in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Calumet Specialty Products Part (NASDAQ:CLMT): The company reported earnings per share of $0.46 against expectations of $0.37 for a surprise of 24.32%. About the company: Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. produces specialty hydrocarbon products for domestic and international customers. The Company processes crude oil into a variety of customized lubricating oils, solvents, and waxes. Calumet also processes crude oil into a variety of fuel and fuel-related products, including unleaded gasoline, diesel fuel, and jet fuel.
- Capital Senior Living Corporation (NYSE:CSU): The company reported earnings per share of $0.06 against expectations of $0.05 for a surprise of 20.00%. About the company: Capital Senior Living Corporation develops and operates senior living communities in the United States. The Company provides services such as independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, and home care services to the elderly at its communities.
(Note: Earnings data are sourced from Yahoo! Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
Check out our analysis of Jim Cramer’s latest stock calls