These Company Stock Ratings Were Changed By Analysts Today
Following is information on companies for which stock analysts either downgraded their ratings or else initiated or resumed coverage.
- Teva Pharma (NASDAQ:TEVA): Oppenheimer downgraded its rating on this stock from Outperform to Perform. No price target was given. About the company: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded human pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The Company produces antibiotics, oncological products, Alpha D3 for treatment of post-menopausal bone loss in women and Copaxone for treatment of multiple sclerosis. Teva develops novel drugs for diseases of the central nervous system.
- eResearchTech (ERT): The Benchmark Company downgraded its rating on this stock from Buy to Hold and changed its price target from $7.5 to $6.5. About the company: eResearch Technology, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides technological services and medical devices in North America and the United Kingdom.
- Express (NYSE:EXPR): Wedbush initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Outperform and a price target of $28. About the company: Express, Inc. operates specialty retail apparel stores throughout the United States that target women and men between 20 and 30 years old. The Company offers apparel and accessories to address fashion needs across multiple aspects of their lifestyles including work, casual and going-out occasions. Express operates stores throughout the United States and retails online.
- Trans1 (NASDAQ:TSON): Canaccord Genuity initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $7.75. About the company: TranS1 Inc. designs, develops, and markets medical devices to treat degenerative disc disease affecting the lower lumbar region of the spine.
- Synchronoss Tech (NASDAQ:SNCR): Stifel Nicolaus reiterated its rating of Buy for the shares and changed its price target from $38 to $44. About the company: Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. provides e-commerce transaction management solutions to the communications services marketplace.
- SM Energy (NYSE:SM): Stifel Nicolaus reiterated its rating of Buy for the shares and changed its price target from $95 to $100. About the company: SM Energy Company is an independent energy company that explores for and produces natural gas and crude oil. The Company’s operations are focused on The ArkLaTex, Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountains, and Permian Basin regions.
- Companhia Vale do Rio (NYSE:VALE): Dahlman Rose reiterated its rating of Buy for the shares and changed its price target from $45 to $43. About the company: Vale SA produces and sells iron ore, pellets, manganese, alloys, gold, nickel, copper, kaolin, bauxite, alumina, aluminum, and potash. The Company is based in Brazil, where it owns and operates railroads and maritime terminals.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from here. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>