These Health Care Stocks are Getting Crushed Today
Hospital stocks have been beaten down today after HCA Holdings reported earnings below consensus estimates. Following is some information on these stocks:
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA): The shares are trading at $29.25, down $5.38, or 15.49%, on the day. They have traded in a 52-week range of $28.58 to $35.37. Its market capitalization is $15.08 billion. About the company: HCA Holdings, Inc. operates hospitals. The Company operates acute care hospitals, outpatient facilities, clinics and other patient care delivery settings. HCA operates hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC): The shares are trading at $5.99, down $0.27, or 4.16%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $2.92 to $7.70. Its market capitalization is $2.94 billion. About the company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, through its subsidiaries, owns or operates general hospitals and related health care facilities serving communities in the United States. The Company operates rehabilitation hospitals, specialty hospitals, long-term care facilities, psychiatric facilities, and medical office buildings near its general hospitals, as well as ancillary health care businesses.
- Health Management Associates (NYSE:HMA): The shares are trading at $9.74, down $0.53, or 5.2%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $61.3 to $11.74. Its market capitalization is $2.47 billion. About the company: Health Management Associates Inc. operates general acute care hospitals in rural communities located primarily in the southeastern and southwestern United States. The Company’s facilities offer a wide range of medical and surgical services.
- LifePoint Hospitals (NASDAQ:LPNT): The shares are trading at $37.48, down $1.14, or 2.95%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $29.70 to $43.45. Its market capitalization is $1.96 billion. About the company: LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. provides health care services through its hospitals. The Company’s facilities are primarily located in non-urban areas where its hospital is the only one in the community. LifePoint’s hospitals are currently located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Utah, and Wyoming.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH): The shares are trading at $25.76, down $1.24, or 4.59%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $22.33 to $42.50. Its market capitalization is $2.36 billion. Community Health Systems Inc. owns, leases, and operates hospitals in multiple states. The Hospitals services include emergency room services, general surgery, critical care, internal medicine, obstetrics and diagnostic services. Community Health also owns interests in physicians, physician practices, imaging centers, home health agencies and ambulatory surgery centers.
Competitors to these companies include:
(Note: Please see here for source material. Selected financial data are sourced from Yahoo! Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>