Becton Dickinson: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Buys in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Becton, Dickinson and Company’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Overlock Wilard J Jr: act as Director. On 08/15/2011, sold 5,500 shares, worth $443,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Becton, Dickinson and Company in Q3 2011:
- PZENA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 923,323 shares, worth $79,147,248. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 504,056 shares, worth $43,207,680. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 200,000 shares, worth $17,144,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 150,200 shares, worth $12,875,144. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRYN MAWR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 139,936 shares, worth $11,995,314. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Becton, Dickinson and Company manufactures and sells a variety of medical supplies and devices and diagnostic systems. The Company’s products are used by health care professionals, medical research institutions, and the general public. Becton’s products are marketed worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: Covidien plc (NYSE:COV), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), C.R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE:BCR), Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX), Retractable Tech., Inc. (AMEX:RVP), Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ:HOLX), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO), Medical Action Industries (NASDAQ:MDCI), Quidel Corporation (NASDAQ:QDEL), and Gen-Probe Incorporated (NASDAQ:GPRO).
(Note: Data regarding Becton, Dickinson and Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>