Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Becton, Dickinson and Company in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 581,017 shares, worth $42,600,166.
- EARNEST PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 307,329 shares, worth $22,533,362.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 305,608 shares, worth $22,407,179.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 294,000 shares, worth $21,556,080.
- VONTOBEL ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 227,138 shares, worth $16,653,758.
About the company: Becton, Dickinson and Company manufactures and sells a variety of medical supplies and devices and diagnostic systems. The Company’s products are used by health care professionals, medical research institutions, and the general public. Becton’s products are marketed worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: Covidien plc (NYSE:COV), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), C.R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE:BCR), Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX), Retractable Tech., Inc. (AMEX:RVP), Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ:HOLX), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO), Medical Action Industries (NASDAQ:MDCI), Quidel Corporation (NASDAQ:QDEL), and Gen-Probe Incorporated (NASDAQ:GPRO).
(Note: Data regarding Becton, Dickinson and Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>