These Institutions Start New Q3 Stock Position in Travelers Companies
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of The Travelers Companies, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,516,186 shares, worth $171,343,744.
- LORD ABBETT & CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 814,130 shares, worth $39,672,555.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 541,000 shares, worth $26,362,930.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 437,982 shares, worth $21,342,863.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 266,224 shares, worth $12,973,096.
About the company: The Travelers Companies, Inc. provides commercial property casualty insurance and asset management services to businesses, government units, associations and individuals. The Company underwrites homeowners and auto insurance through independent agents.
Competitors to Watch: American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE:WTM), RLI Corp. (NYSE:RLI), The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB), W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB), CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), XL Group plc (NYSE:XL), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), HCC Insurance Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HCC), and Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL).
(Note: Data regarding The Travelers Companies, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>