These Large Cap Stocks Light Up 52-Week Highs As DJIA Surges 267 Points
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 28 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT): Up 0.98% to $56.92. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets. The Company’s discount stores and supercenters offer merchandise such as apparel, housewares, small appliances, electronics, and hardware. Walmart’s markets offer a full-line supermarket and a limited assortment of general merchandise. The Company operates nationally and internationally.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK): Up 2.34% to $45.00. GlaxoSmithKline plc is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. The Group, which also provides laboratory testing and disease management services, specializes in treatments for respiratory, central nervous system, gastro-intestinal and genetic disorders
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ): Up 0.86% to $37.42. Verizon Communications Inc. is an integrated telecommunications company that provides wire line voice and data services, wireless services, Internet services, and published directory information. The Company also provides network services for the federal government including business phone lines, data services, telecommunications equipment and payphones.
- McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE:MCD): Up 3.72% to $92.32. McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world.
- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Up 1.39% to $84.73. Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE:NKE): Up 2.68% to $94.35. NIKE, Inc. designs, develops, and markets athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products for men, women, and children. The Company sells its products worldwide to retail stores, through its own stores, subsidiaries, and distributors.
- Enterprise Products Partners LP (NYSE:EPD): Up 0.09% to $44.00. Enterprise Products Partners L.P. provides processing and transportation services to producers and consumers of natural gas liquids. The Company generally processes products that are ultimately used as feedstocks in petrochemical manufacturing, in the production of motor gasoline, and as fuel for residential and commercial heating.
- Southern Company (NYSE:SO): Up 1.55% to $43.94. Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
- Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG): Up 1.49% to $66.93. Celgene Corporation is a global biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies designed to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases.
- Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D): Up 2.02% to $52.07. Dominion Resources, Inc., a diversified utility holding company, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Company produces, transports, distributes, and markets natural gas to customers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB): Up 1.81% to $73.00. Kimberly-Clark Corporation is a global health and hygiene company that manufactures and provides consumer products. The Company’s products include diapers, tissues, paper towels, incontinence care products, surgical gowns, and disposable face masks. Kimberly-Clark’s products are sold in countries around the world.
- Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK): Up 1.53% to $20.55. Duke Energy Corporation is an energy company located primarily in the Americas that owns an integrated network of energy assets. The Company manages a portfolio of natural gas and electric supply, delivery, and trading businesses in the United States and Latin America.
- Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB): Up 1.27% to $35.00. Enbridge Inc. provides energy transportation, distribution, and related services in North America and internationally. The Company operates a crude oil and liquids pipeline system, is involved in international energy projects, and is involved in natural gas transmission and midstream businesses. Enbridge also distributes natural gas and electricity, and provides retail energy products.
- Allergan Inc. (NYSE:AGN): Up 2.08% to $88.38. Allergan, Inc. is a multi-specialty health care company that discovers, develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices. The Company develops products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, medical dermatology, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological and other specialty markets in countries around the world.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE:KMP): Down 0.07% to $76.49. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., is a pipeline transportation and energy storage company. The Company operates pipelines and terminals. The pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide and other products; and its terminals store petroleum products and chemicals, and handle bulk materials like coal and petroleum coke.
- ACE Limited (NYSE:ACE): Up 3.27% to $70.19. ACE Limited is the holding company for the ACE Group of Companies, a property and casualty insurance business. The Group provides a diversified range of products and services to clients through operations in countries around the world. ACE provides specialty insurance and reinsurance products.
- The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TJX): Up 2.15% to $59.84. The TJX Companies, Inc. is an off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the United States and worldwide. The Company operates off-price retail concepts in the U.S., Canada and Europe that offer a wide range of brand name and designer merchandise.
- American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP): Up 0.44% to $39.13. American Electric Power Company, Inc.(NYSE:AEP)is a public utility holding company. The Company provides electric service, consisting of generation, transmission and distribution, on an integrated basis to their retail customers. AEP serves portions of the states of Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
- The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB): Up 5.14% to $68.71. The Chubb Corporation, a holding company, offers property and casualty insurance, which includes personal, standard commercial and specialty commercial insurance. The Company provides insurance coverage principally in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and parts of Latin America and Asia.
- Consolidated Edison Inc. (NYSE:ED): Up 2.17% to $59.76. Consolidated Edison, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a variety of energy related products and services. The Company supplies electric service in New York, parts of New Jersey, and Pennsylvania as well as supplies electricity to wholesale customers.
- Goodrich Corp. (NYSE:GR): Up 0.61% to $122.60. Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Up 1.65% to $52.43. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI): Up 1.66% to $13.49. Activision Blizzard, Inc. publishes, develops, and distributes interactive entertainment software and peripheral products. The Company’s products cover diverse game categories, including action/adventure, action sports, racing, role playing, simulation, first-person action, music-based gaming and strategy.
- Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBY): Up 3.52% to $61.81. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. operates a nationwide chain of retail stores. The Company, through its retail stores, sells a wide assortment of merchandise principally including domestics merchandise and home furnishings as well as food, giftware, health and beauty care items and infant and toddler merchandise.
- Chemical & Mining Co. of Chile Inc. (NYSE:SQM): Up 3.73% to $56.51. Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile SA produces and markets specialty fertilizers including potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, and potassium sulfate for the agricultural industry. The Company also produces industrial chemicals, iodine and lithium. SQM markets its products in over 100 countries.
- Edison International (NYSE:EIX): Up 2.22% to $39.56. Edison International, through its subsidiaries, develops, acquires, owns, and operates electric power generation facilities worldwide. The Company also provides capital and financial services for energy and infrastructure projects, as well as manages and sells real estate projects. Additionally, Edison provides integrated energy services, utility outsourcing, and consumer products.
- Xcel Energy Inc. (NYSE:XEL): Up 1.06% to $25.70. Xcel Energy, Inc. provides electric and natural gas services. The Company offers a variety of energy-related services, including generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity and natural gas throughout the United States. Xcel utilities serve customers in portions of Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
- W.W. Grainger, Inc. (NYSE:GWW): Up 1.53% to $167.64. W.W. Grainger, Inc. distributes maintenance, repair and operating supplies, and related information to the commercial, industrial, contractor, and institutional markets in North America. The Company’s products include motors, HVAC equipment, lighting, hand and power tools, pumps, and electrical equipment.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>