Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Popular Inc. (NASDAQ:BPOP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Popular Inc. in Q3 2011:
- JANUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 21,907,728 shares, worth $60,465,329. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SEVERN RIVER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 9,367,795 shares, worth $25,855,114. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 5,866,332 shares, worth $16,191,076. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- YORK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT GLOBAL ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,995,546 shares, worth $8,267,707. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,431,637 shares, worth $6,711,318. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Popular, Inc. is a bank holding company that provides commercial banking services through branches in Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, and the United States mainland. The Company also provides mortgage and consumer finance, lease financing, investment banking and broker/dealer activities, retail financial services, and automated tellers.
Competitors to Watch: Doral Financial Corp. (NYSE:DRL), Oriental Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:OFG), First BanCorp. (NYSE:FBP), Eurobancshares Inc. (EUBK), Citigroup (NYSE:C), W Holding Company, Inc. (WHI), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), and The Bank of Nova Scotia (NYSE:BNS).
(Note: Data regarding Popular Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>