These Stocks Achieved 52-Week Highs As Dow Closed Above 12,000
Here are 18 stocks, with a market cap greater than $10 billion, that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading:
- Chevron Corp. (NYSE:CVX): Up 2.32% to $105.19. Chevron Corporation is an integrated energy company with operations in countries located around the world. The Company produces and transports crude oil and natural gas. Chevron also refines, markets, and distributes fuels as well as is involved in chemical operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services.
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE): Down 1.02% to $19.98. Pfizer Inc. is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Up 2.41% to $107.59. Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
- ING Groep NV (NYSE:ING): Up 4.74% to $12.81. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN): Up 2.83% to $92.69. Devon Energy Corporation is an independent energy company that is involved primarily in oil and gas exploration, development and production, the transportation of oil, gas, and NGLs and the processing of natural gas. The Company also has marketing and midstream operations primarily in North America that include gas, crude oil and NGLs.
- CSX Corp. (NYSE:CSX): Up 2.45% to $78.09. CSX Corporation is an international freight transportation company. The Company provides rail, intermodal, domestic container-shipping, barging, and contract logistics services around the world. CSX’s rail transportation services are provided principally throughout the eastern United States.
- EnCana Corp. (NYSE:ECA): Up 1.79% to $34.73. Encana Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company operates in North and South America.
- Norfolk Southern Corp. (NYSE:NSC): Up 2.31% to $67.81. Norfolk Southern Corporation provides rail transportation services. The Company transports raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods primarily in the Southeast, East, and Midwest and, via interchange with rail carriers, to and from the rest of the United States. Norfolk Southern also transports overseas freight through several Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports
- Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB): Up 3.57% to $30.75. The Williams Companies, Inc. is an integrated natural gas company that produces, gathers, processes and transports natural gas. The Company’s operations are concentrated in the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Gulf Coast, the Eastern Seaboard, and the province of Alberta in Canada.
- Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPGY): Up 1.29% to $89.19. Shire PLC markets, licenses and develops prescription medicines. The Group focuses its operations on attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders, human genetic therapies, gastrointestinal, and renal diseases.
- Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR): Up 0.4% to $54.91. Equity Residential is a real estate investment trust. The trust acquires, develops, and manages apartment complexes in the United States.
- Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL): Up 2.71% to $95.84. Noble Energy, Inc. is an independent energy exploration and production company. The Company explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Noble Energy operates primarily in the Rocky Mountains, Mid-continent, and deepwater Gulf of Mexico areas in the US, with key international operations offshore Israel, the North Sea and West Africa.
- HCA Inc. (HCA): Down 2.45% to $32.25.
- HCP, Inc. (NYSE:HCP): Down 0.66% to $37.60. HCP, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The Trust invests in health care related real estate throughout the United States. HCP’s properties include senior housing, life sciences, medical offices, hospitals, and skilled nursing homes.
- Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO): Up 2.34% to $89.15. Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
- Hershey Co. (NYSE:HSY): Up 1.28% to $54.56. The Hershey Company manufactures chocolate and sugar confectionery products. The Company’s principal products include confectionery and snack products; gum and mint refreshment products; and food and beverage enhancers such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages.
- Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS): Up 2.91% to $22.64. Discover Financial Services is a credit card issuer and electronic payment services company. The Company issues credit cards and offers student and personal loans, as well as savings products such as certificates of deposit and money market accounts and operates an automated teller machine(ATM)/debit network, which includes ATMs, as well as POS terminals nationwide.
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFMI): Up 2.13% to $61.73. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural food supermarkets in the United States. The Company’s stores provides full range of merchandise, featuring products that are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and added chemicals. Whole Foods also develops, produces, and markets nutriceuticals and nutritional supplements.