These Stocks Are Capturing MAJOR Trading Demand March 25th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is higher at 12,232, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is increasing to 1315 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is slightly higher at 2,747 on the 58th trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
1) Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Shares of Research In Motion Limited are trading lower 11% to $56.93 per share today on news the company’s earnings report and outlook suggest weak sales going forward. Over 44.5 million shares have traded hands. Research In Motion expects to earn $1.47 to $1.55 per share, which is well below analysts’ consensus forecasts of $1.65 per share on revenue of $5.6 billion. Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications. Should Blackberry Pivot and go Android?>>
2) Accenture Plc (NYSE:ACN): Shares of Accenture Plc are trading higher today 4.5% to $54.30 per share after it increased its earnings guidance. Over 10 million shares have traded hands. Accenture PLC provides management and technology consulting services and solutions. The Company delivers a range of specialized capabilities and solutions to clients across all industries on a worldwide basis. Accenture’s network of businesses provides consulting, technology, outsourcing, and alliances.
3) Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC): Shares are up 1.4% to $32 per share today. The giant bank is doing some cost-cutting. WFC will close down its mortgage application center in Wilmington, N.C., cutting over 200 jobs at the location. Also, financial firm Waddell & Reid upped their price target on WFC share to $46 from $43. Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, leasing, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Company operates through physical stores, the Internet and other distribution channels across North America and elsewhere internationally. See: Banks to Shareholders: Here’s Your Dividends Back>>
4) Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL): Shares of Oracle are trading higher over 2% to $32.81 per share today on news that revenue attributable to new licensees of its software increased 29% year-over-year. Over 54 million shares have traded hands. Revenue attributable to new licensees is an important component of Oracle’s financial health, as its subscription-based business model requires that it sign new licenses to increase the top line. Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers.
5) Insmed Incorporated (INSMD): Shares are surging higher over 16% to $6.15 per share today. Since the company received FDA clearance toward a Phase 3 trial for ARIKACE™ (liposomal amikacin for inhalation) in nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) lung infections, the stock continues to rise on the bright future for generating stronger revenues. With healthcare in continued focus, Insmed has been the speculative talk of many analysts on Wall Street as an highly potential acquisition target. Merck (NYSE:MRK)? Insmed, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company develops and commercializes drugs that treat metabolic diseases, endocrine disorders and oncology. Insmed offers products for the treatment of Type 1 and 2 diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, and osteoporotic hip fracture.
6) Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE:DRI): Shares of Darden Restaurants are trading lower 4.71% to $45.75 per share today due to the company’s weak sales forecast. Over 3.5 million shares have traded hands. The company has blamed higher gas prices on customers’ apparent unwillingness to dine at its restaurants. Darden Restaurants, Inc. operates casual dining restaurants in North America. The Company owns and operates seafood and Italian restaurants.
7) Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC): Shares are higher 6.74% to $25.49 per share today. Over 2.6 million shares have traded hands. Analyst Wedbush Morgan initiated coverage on the company at ‘outperform.’ Brunswick Corporation manufactures consumer products serving the outdoor and indoor active recreation markets. The Company’s products include sterndrives, outboard and inboard marine engines, fitness, billiards, bowling equipment. Brunswick also manufactures pleasure, fishing, and high performance boats.
8) Biostar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:BSPM): Shares of Biostar Pharmaceuticals are trading higher over 14% to $2.55 per share today on 26.1 times its daily average volume. Over 7.14 million shares have traded hands. The company tripled its third quarter profits. Biostar Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiary, develops, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical and medical nutrient products for a variety of diseases and conditions.
9) The Wet Seal, Inc. (NASDAQ:WTSLA): Shares are higher over 13% to $4.03 per share. Over 6 million shares have traded hands. The company reported profit was $5.3 million, or $.05 cents a share, compared with $74.2 million, or$. 73 cents a share, last year. Meanwhile, revenues rose 10% to $165.5 million, ahead of $164.7 million expected by analysts. Wet Seal, Inc. retails fashionable and contemporary apparel and accessory items. The Company operates its stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Wet Seal operates its stores under the names Wet Seal Contempo Casuals, Limbo Lounge, and Arden B. stores.
10) Astea International Inc. (NASDAQ:ATEA): Shares of Astea International are trading higher 47% to $5.88 per share today. Over 1.75 million shares have traded hands. Its shares have returned more than 150% over the past 5 months. Astea International Inc. provides customer relationship management solutions to companies involved in the delivery and sale of services. The Company markets its products through direct and indirect sales and services networks throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific.