These Stocks Attracted Major Trading Interest on First Day of June
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) closed lower 279 points at 12,290, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) closed lower 30 points at 1,314 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) closed lower 66 points to 2,769 on the 104th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OREX): Shares of Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. closed higher today. Orexigen Therapeutics Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of the central nervous system, or CNS, disorders with an initial focus on obesity.
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. (NASDAQ:JOSB): Shares of Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. closed lower today. Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. manufactures classic men’s clothing. The Company sells its clothing through conventional retail stores and catalog direct marketing located throughout the United States.
- Sealed Air Corp. (NYSE:SEE): Shares of Sealed Air Corp. closed lower today. Sealed Air Corporation manufactures a wide range of packaging and performance-based materials and equipment systems. The Company’s products serve an array of food, industrial, medical, and consumer applications.
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE:DG): Shares of Dollar General Corp. closed lower today. Dollar General Corp. operates a chain of discount retail stores located primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern and eastern United States. The Company offer a broad selection of merchandise, including consumable products such as food, paper and cleaning products, health and beauty products and pet supplies, and non-consumable products such as seasonal merchandise.
- Daktronics, Inc. (NASDAQ:DAKT): Shares of Daktronics, Inc. closed higher today. Daktronics, Inc. supplies electronic scoreboards, computer programmable display systems, and large video displays for sport, business, and government applications. The Company designs, manufactures, installs, and services integrated systems that display real-time data, graphics, animation, and video.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (NYSE:PVH): Shares of Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation closed higher today. Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation designs, sources, manufactures, and markets men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel and footwear. The Company markets its products at a wholesale level through department store chains and directly to consumers through retail stores.
- RADA Electronic Ind. Ltd. (NASDAQ:RADA): Shares of RADA Electronic Ind. Ltd. closed higher today. RADA Electronic Industries Limited develops, produces, and markets automatic test equipment and avionics systems. The Company sells its systems to the civil and military aircraft industries.
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK): Shares of Nokia Corporation closed lower today. Nokia Corporation is a player in the mobile industry. The Company makes a range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.
- Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc. (NYSE:TC): Shares of Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc. closed lower today. Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc. mines and processes molybdenum. The Company operates mines, mills, and metallurgical roasting facilities in Canada and the United States.
- Esterline Technologies Corporation (NYSE:ESL): Shares of Esterline Technologies Corporation closed lower today. Esterline Technologies Corporation is worldwide supplier to the aerospace and defense industry. The Company’s core products include technology interface systems for commercial and military aircraft, jet engine sensors and electrical power distribution equipment, high temperature resistant materials, combustible ordinance and electronic warfare countermeasure products.